Friday, August 29, 2008

Happenings!

Sick...I have been sick all week and I am so tired of it. When is it going to go away? I have spent the whole week laying around and doing nothing.

Broken Bones...Ethan broke his elbow yesterday. He came home hurting, but after I asked him to do several little motions, I thought he was fine. When Kirk got home, he was still in pain and so he took him in and sure enough, it was broken. Ethan is in a splint and sling. We go to see an orthopedic doctor next week. I did take some pictures, but my camera is on a plane to Ohio. It is quite sad to see my little guy confined to that sling. Ethan is my most active son. He is always on his bike looking for friends, shooting hoops, and playing some other physical sport. It will be a long couple of weeks for him.

Single...I am a single girl for the weekend. Kirk is off having some fun. When he is gone I usually do something fun with the kids and we always eat out, but since I have been sick, we have been eating out anyways and it doesn't even sound that fun. I am glad Kirk got to get away. He deserves it! He gets to see a baseball game, football game, and visit Kirtland. Kirtland is the only part of the trip I am jealous about. I wish I could visit it with him. We saw it together about 14 years ago (church history tour, ahh the memories).

Helpless Romantic...Last week Pride and Prejudice was on TV. I watched it and forgot how much I love it. I would love to live in the time of formal dress up and balls. I would love to have a large estate with a ballroom and host spectacular socials. And since I have been sick, I decided it was a good time to catch up on a few chick flicks, enter the movie Jane Eyre. I love the book. I will never forget the first time that I read it and how it transported me to another time and another world. I fell in love with the book. I am still in love with the book. And the movie did not disappoint. So it got me thinking a little about Mr. Darcy and Mr. Rochester. Wouldn't it be fun to have one of them? But I have Mr. Langston, and he does not disappoint. Mr. Langston is so good to take care of me and make me happy even when I don't deserve it. I couldn't be happier (except if we got to dress up and go to a ball).

Blogging...Isn't the blogging world wonderful? In my down time I have been reading up on some blogs. There was an airplane crash in Arizona that left the parents of 4 in the hospital covered in burns. I don't know these people, but the blogging world has really reached out to help them. What a great support system! It makes me happy to know that there are such wonderful people out there. And such amazing, creative people.

So that is what's happening here.

5 comments:

rachel said...

Yes it would be wonderful to dress up and go to a ball. If I had an evening gown, where would I wear it?
I think that would be so much fun. I too have been following Nie Nie's story and they have the neatest family- I am glued to their story!

Amy B. said...

I ran into that blog too and I have been following it...I hope they recover soon. And you too!!!

Our family said...

I've always wanted to dress up in one of those poofy dresses and get my hair all done in ringlets for a period ball, but Nate's not so thrilled with the idea that guys wore heels and tights.

So, did you see that Sydney McCleary also broke her left arm this week? So weird!

Trisha said...

I think that Jr. Prom is the closest I will ever get to a ball, but that was one of the best nights of my life. I loved getting all dressed up, getting my hair done and dancing the night away with a cute boy in a tux.
I am sorry to hear that you have been sick, not the reason you want for being able to catch up on chic flicks.
I am a sucker for a good chic flick. They keep me dreaming and hoping that one day, I too, will find my Mr. Darcy or my Mr. Langston.

scraphappymama said...

sorry you have been sick . . . that is the worst. and add to the mix ethan's broken elbow. doesn't sound too fun. glad kirk got some fun time. and i hear you on the chick flicks, though i'm not the biggest pride and prejudice fan (don't throw tomatoes at me!!)