Friday, January 22, 2010

About Last Night


We are still loving our snuggies.  Especially on lazy Sunday evenings in the basement.  We got a new camera last month and I am so excited to figure it out and learn to take good pictures.  However, I am learning that good pictures=good lens and good lens=lots of money.  The camera already cost lots of money so good lens is not an option.  I am going to have to get down to the nitty gritty and do the best with what I've got.  I am excited to take more classes.  Lucky for us, we can take as many as we want for free, and I will be needing all the classes and help I can get.  

Among other things, last night I learned to do this to pictures in my camera.  Pretty scary huh?

This is what the original looked like


And while I was in class, Kirk was in Chicago eating this:
That would would have tasted really good last night.  

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

OK, THAT is the picture that I will use for Snuggie pic of the week!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

I love being able to learn how to do new things with camera's! In no time you will be a pro! and grrr that food looks sooooooooo good!

Kaits said...

Where is Reggie's snuggie??? Haha. I'm jelous of your photography class! That sounds like so much fun! I'm sad you couldn't come to the concert with me last night but when they come again we should go because Collective Soul just blasted Keith Urban away for Best Concert Ever. Love you and am excited to see you this weekend!

rachel said...

Lara, you are going to be on Snuggie pic of the week???? You are famous! :)

melanie liljenquist said...

Lara,

Hey how is it going? Have you started the classes then? And are they good? Ask them about me taking a class there even though I didn't buy my camera from them. The snuggies are awesome? And the food yuuummmy.

Melanie

Mike and Alleen said...

We got a great camera last year and I'm still trying to figure it out. Where are you taking classes? I havn't been able to take any yet. SOOOO Jealous!

Lara said...

We got our camera at a local place called Pictureline and they offer all kinds of classes. I just took a intro to your camera class, but I look forward to taking some of their photography classes. Melanie, I think you can take the classes there if you would like. I thought they were great. I went to a Nikon class and they had a Nikon guy from Atlanta teach it. They have classes for Canon as well. You should look into it, it was very helpful and then we can do some photography classes together:)