This weekend we made the boys all switch bedrooms. David and Jacob have been down in the basement since they were 3 or 4 years old. I was thinking they were 4 when we sent them down there, but it could have been earlier. And they have shared a room since birth. Since their greatest skills are goofing off, we decided to move them upstairs where we could keep a handle on all of their nonsense. This also meant they would be able to have their own room. When we announced the good news to them, David about died. He threatened to run away. I told him I would help him pack and I think I scared my mother-in-law pretty bad:)
After a week of letting the idea settle in David's mind, he finally agreed to it. And he let me know that he wasn't really going to run away, his plan was to live in the garage. So this weekend we moved the twins upstairs and Ethan and Tyler downstairs. They opted to have bunk beds and share a room in the basement. We told Ethan he could have the other room, but I guess bunk beds are too much to resist. So we still have a guest bedroom. So far it has been good. The boys are having a hard time switching bathrooms and I think the stairs have been good exercise for Tyler. Now if we can just get the twins to quit goofing off all of the time we will have it made!
4 comments:
I'm glad he didn't run away. That seems worse than having to switch rooms! :)
You switched rooms?! Why would someone ever do that?! That just sounds like a lot of work. You have to know that I am totally smiling over here. I guess there is a certain sense of accomplishment and the feeling of cleanliness that comes along with a big job like that. Don't get to use to that feeling or you will want to switch rooms again before you know it.
Kids get so used to their space, it's funny. We switched kids around when we had the last baby. My poor 4 year old is in totoal limbo--Bed in one room, clothes in one, and toys in one. It's all temporary until the baby is sleeping thru the night. They adjust though and I'm sure they'll be excited after a few nights.
It sounds like it was a good time to do it, how are they adjusting? We still have all our kids up with us, Ashlyn says she never wants to go down in the basement, I'm sure her mind will change.
How was your trip up in the south?
Post a Comment