Not much has been going on around here, just the usual. I had to go to Michaels the other day to pick up some stuff for my mom. While we were there, she said to buy Tyler a treat for her (since he had been sick, but he is fine now). Anyway, he looked around at all the stuff and chose a foam army hat and a foam gun that makes noises when you pull the trigger. It kept him happy and he played with them all day long. While he was trying to decide on his treat, he also saw a pirate telescope for $1 that was quite tempting. The next day he begged to go back to "Mikes" with his $1 so that he could buy himself that telescope. We went back and got it along with some shrinky dinks. My kids had never done them and I remembered loving them when I was little, so we made some and had fun. Tyler even blessed the shrinky dinks in his prayer that night. I guess we should go to Michaels more often.
Recently we went to Barnes and Noble as a family. David says that is his favorite store and they must make a lot of money. I don't know why we don't go there more often as well, we always have so much fun. We went in search of some good reading material for the plane ride of our upcoming trip. Ethan was really hoping to buy Indian in the Cupboard, but someone had come and bought all of them that day. He was sad and I promised him we would go back, maybe that's what we should do today...
The boys are off track and we have officially enjoyed our first lazy morning. I love seeing them laying around in their pajamas reading. Jacob is loving the Percy Jackson series and we get to hear about all things Greek from him.
Kirk has been really busy at work. For the longest time I have been so grateful for his job and that he is busy, even if he has to travel, but now I am getting tired of him being so busy. I think he is too, we both need a vacation. I am still grateful for his job and I guess I am glad that he is busy. It is better than the alternative.
I have been busy in search of the perfect swimming suit. It has been a difficult job. My brother and his family are coming with us. Last weekend we went out to dinner with them and some of my brothers. My sister in law and I were discussing the trip and discovered we ordered some of the same swimming suits. I would be happier about this if she weren't so tall and skinny and pretty. Oh well...
A coupon came in the mail for "glitter toes" I thought that might be fun to try, so I did, and they were cheap. I am not sure I love them. I am now debating whether or not to have them taken off before our trip. I don't even know how to get them off, little did I know that glitter toes involved gel, like acrylic nails.
7 comments:
Maybe I can convince my husband to get some glitter toes!
And I haven't done the shrinky dink thing in a long time.
haha your funny. Good land I FINALLY found a good swimsuit at H&M and it was when I wasn't even really looking for one because I had given up. I hate swimusit shopping..the end. And you are so hard on yourself, Lara I sincerely genuinly ( I didn't spell that right) anyways point being I think you are very pretty! I can't wait to see your awesome pics of Hawaii..I think we leave the same time? I leave May 1st.
Haha I thought you knew that gel toes were actually gel tips. I guess I should have said something Sorry! I think they look cute though!! I love the purple. I think you should keep them! :)
Oh, Lara, I love the glitter toes. I have some on now and I love them. I love your color.
Oh, Shrinky Dinks! They still have those? I used to love them too. Isn't swimming suit shopping horrible. I think most women hate it unless they happen to be a model. I think you should keep the Glitter toes on. They look really cute!
So I made a comment on my blog about your comment. I don't know if you look back at the comments or not, so to answer your question we are telling people this time what we are having. I don't think Jaxon could keep it quiet if we tried!
About your swimsuit... my friend showed me this really cute website for them. Maybe you already know about it limericki.com you will have to check it out. I wish I was skinny so I could buy one. She said the sizes fit smaller than they really are.
I looked into getting glitter toes right before our Hawaii trip. Knowing it was gel/acrylic stuff, I figured that I wouldn't have to worry about nail polish chipping, repainting, etc. and I can't stand for my toes to be exposed, unpainted. I maybe would have done (even for the price I thought sounded high)if they could do a solid color of gel like bright red or and orangy-pink. I hope you are having a fabulous time!!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it. Which tower are you in?
Post a Comment