Today I read Cjane's blog. She had some silly video on there advertising a concert series kick off in Provo. As I watched it, I thought, this is kind of weird, but I couldn't stop watching it. And by the time it was over, I was smiling and laughing. Some BYU students hollowed out a loveseat/couch and put it on top of an electric wheel chair. I think it is hilarious and I want one really bad. So does Tyler, he thought it might be fun to take around the block. Anyway, my day started out with a smile as I watched the silliness unfold. And then I got a little sad that I am not so silly anymore. I remember when I lived in Provo and was a student at BYU, we were crazy and spontaneous. I remember coming home from college one weekend and running from the cops. And while what I did might have been kind of illegal, luckily no one was punished and it makes for a great story because the ending was good. I wonder if having kids and being responsible took it out of me, but I miss the old me a little bit. Last year one of my missionary companions came to visit. It was fun to be reunited. I remember her making the comment that I was so serious. I don't know what happened to me. Maybe this is common and maybe it is called growing up, who knows? And while I love my life right now, I think I just need to spice it up a little and bring back some silly.
Speaking of silly, will you be watching the Bachelorette tonight? Who do you think she will pick?
6 comments:
I never really lived with roommates during college, because we lived in Orem, and I makes me sort of sad now.
forget the seriousness/silliness...those cookies look good. What are they?
Chris..or at least I hope so! I am not a fan of Roberto...not sure why. You are so cute!
I like them both, but I love Chris' personality. I heard she picks neither...guess we'll see.
So I just realized that our bishop went to Brazil on his mish and he is a little bit younger than us...his name is Bret Tueller...did you know him? I'm not even sure how many missions are in Brazil but thought I would ask anyways...
That name doesn't sound familiar. There are a million missions in Brazil and even if he was in my mission, my brain no longer retains information and I probably wouldn't remember.
Post a Comment