Monday, September 13, 2010

New York in A LOT of Pictures

I have been so lucky to travel this past year or so, I really can't complain.  All of my trips have been absolutely amazing, but this last one had something the other didn't, girls (even better, my mom and sisters) to shop with.  And boy did we shop, it was awesome!  I arrived at the airport armed with chocolate and this is what I read as I ate the first one....

It was totally appropriate.  My husband would have hated this little shopping excursion, but I sure did miss him and was happy to be home after 5 nights away.

By the time we got to the city, Times Square was in full swing.  It is quite the sight to behold, at least once, but that was about enough for all of us.  

My husband loves Hershey's chocolate syrup, so I took this picture for him.  This bottle was actually a piggy bank.  I would have brought them home for my boys if they weren't so big.

After a good nights rest, we got up, took the subway, and headed out to Ground Zero.  There wasn't much to see, but in a year it will be good.  Right next to Ground Zero was Century 21 and we spent the rest of the day and almost all of my money shopping there.  It was awesome, I would go back to New York just to go shopping here.  We all found some amazing deals and had the best time in the Marc Jacobs section.  

Ground Zero

So excited to ride the subway!  Actually it was so HOT that the subway was always welcome relief because we could sit down and cool off.  I had no idea we were going to sweat so much!

After Century 21 we went to Canal Street where you buy cheap knock off stuff.  We had some pretty sweet adventure there like finding "Daisy" perfume, taken in secret doors to buy purses, sitting by Twisted Sister at lunch in Little Italy, and then barely making it back in time to see Wicked!


Wicked did not disappoint!  We all loved and enjoyed the show.
 
The next morning we went to the Swatch store to pick out watches.  It was one of the highlights of the trip for me.  I have such fond memories of Swatch watches and fell in love with them all over again.  And can I say they are the most comfortable watches in the world!
Later we were off to the US Open.  My mom and Kaitlin spent the day there.  MiKell and I had a few adventures back in the city.  

Frozen hot chocolate hit the spot!

Back at the US Open to sweat and watch Venus Williams and Rafeal Nadal (I don't even know how to spell that).  For all the nonsense we heard about cold weather and hurricanes, we nearly melted the first few days.


The next day was one of my favorites!  A good friend of mine had recommended some restaurants and so we decided to try one called Sarabeths.  It was on the 5th floor of Lord and Taylors and was perfect!  In fact I think it was a favorite for all of us.  The food, service, and atmosphere were incredible, I can't wait to go back here as well.  We spent the rest of the day shopping on 5th Avenue, it was a blast!

Later that night we went to another show called In the Heights.  It was a fun show that entertained us all.  

Sunday was a welcome day of sight seeing, we were all about shopped out.  

We went to church here.  It looks different than my building at home, but I assure you that inside it has the same decor and wall covering.  

Later that night we went up in the Empire State building and swore we would never do that again.

Earlier we went and saw the statue of Liberty and decided we did not need to do that again either.

You can see the excitement in our faces.  The process of getting out to Liberty island was too much for all of us.  

Brooklyn Bridge was fun.  We walked about 1/2 way across.


The next day was our last, we hit a few shops one last time and met for lunch in Rockefeller Square.  Did you know that the ice skating rink is a cafe in the summer?  


Then we had to go to the airport and come home.  It was an amazing trip.  I loved being with my family and having such a wonderful adventure!

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Ack!! I am thoroughly jealous!!

Survivor of Seven said...

I need to get those pictures so I can make us a NYC DVD. Sure was a fun trip. Now dad even wants to go.

rachel said...

Lara,
This looked incredible!! I remember that Swatch watches were my favorite! And one of these days I've got to see Wicked. I tell you I'm the last person in the world who hasn't watched that yet.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

How fun!!! the shopping is fun there! I remember when we were in Tiffany's my mom took a picture (which is so not allowed) they almost tackeled her and took away her camera..haha) glad you had a blast!

Kaits said...

I miss New York :(

Trisha said...

How fun, Lara!! I do love NYC. And to spend time there with my mom and sisters would be the ultimate girl's trip.
It all looked so fun, but I think that I am most jealous of your trip to the US Open. Maybe one day I will get there.