Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Saudades


Saudades is a word in portuguese that means missing, nostalgia; longing, yearning. I miss Brazil a lot and cried the day my plane left the ground because I worried I might not ever get back there and see so many people that I love. But today "suadades" is the best word I could think of to describe how I feel about London. Maybe it is because I got to visit London this time of year last year, maybe it is because I need a vacation, maybe it is because my husband has been traveling and frequent flyer miles are adding up in my head, maybe it is because I love London and I think it is my favorite destination to date, maybe it is because I so enjoy meeting my husband in a foreign country, maybe it is all of this stuff, but I do know I need to quit daydreaming, unless of course day dreaming will somehow get me there!

No comments: