My wedding anniversary was on the 19th and I have officially been married for 12 whole years! Getting married during December was lovely! I have always thought Christmas was so romantic anyways. That is probably because of all those silly Christmas songs and I have always loved Christmas music. Anyway, December wedding = perfect! December wedding anniversary = disaster! We are always so busy, busy buying gifts for other people, going to Christmas parties, and trying to get ready for Christmas. So, when an opportunity to take a quick little weekend to London came up, I couldn't pass it up and I told myself, it was for our anniversary. So just before Thanksgiving, I joined Kirk in London for a weekend. London = perfect, anytime:) I slept in a lot and we shopped a lot, it was awesome. Our anniversary fell on Sunday this year and it was pretty anti climatic. My parents were in town for the weekend, we were babysitting 2 extra children, and we had the ward Christmas party. Not really a romantic weekend, but we did enjoy a wonderful dinner with my parents on Friday night. And I still think my husband is wonderful and most important, I am happy. Life is good:)
The Christmas lights were beautiful. Last time I went there were all hung up, but I never got to see them lit up.
It was very crowded, out on the streets, lot and lots of shoppers.
We went to down Regent Street to Picadilly Circus (I think that is what is was called, but don't you just love their names?) to get discount tickets to a show. Everything we wanted to see was sold out, so we spent the day shopping:)
These were the lights on Regent Street. The lights were stars draped over the streets. It was dark by about 4:00 everyday.
Lights on Oxford Street. Our hotel was right off of Oxford street this time, it was a great place to stay.
And our hotel was right near the Belgian waffle place that I fell in love with last time I went, we of course went again and they were still just as yummy!
After a day of shopping.
Hyde Park
They were having a big Christmas carnival in the park. It was so much fun to walk through and see everything and hear the Christmas music playing. I loved this double decker bus on the merry go round and the reindeer ride below.
We met my exotic friend Rebecca for diner. She is lovely.
We only had a few days together, but it was the best!
2 comments:
1 day, maybe 1 day I will make it to there! That would be fun to travel there during Christmas time.
what a fun trip! Our Anniversary is in December to and I agree--it was a great time to get married, but a horrible time to celebrate. We have yet to even go to dinner alone and it was on the 8th. Thursday is the day!! :) Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment