Lately I have been feeling a little out of it. I realized I know more about the Bachelor than I do about what is going on in Egypt. That is probably NOT a good thing. At the same time I don't really know how to fix it. The Bachelor is way more entertaining than the nightly news, plus my husband hates the news and claims it makes you depressed. So it is never on at home. I get a little local news a couple times a week at the gym, but that is about it. Most of the time I don't know what is going on locally either. I really don't want to have to sit down and watch the nightly news, it seems like everyone has a different twist on it anyways. If I DVR the news, I am sure I won't get back to it. I catch little things here and there on msnbc.com, but that is it. So I am wondering, how do you stay informed? I have been thinking about subscribing to Newsweek or Time magazine. I really don't want the paper in my driveway or online everyday, because honestly, I won't get to something everyday, but I might get to a magazine once in awhile. So help me please, I have become an uniformed stay at home mom who is beginning to feel very uneducated. Except earlier today when I visited with my neighbor, she spoke in portuguese and I understood her just fine. It was awesome.
5 comments:
I do read a lot of news online, but I never watch it. I know more about The Bachelor too!
you can catch up on the news online. ksl.com is just one of many sites. You can pick and choose which stories you want to read about.
I completely agree with Kirk, the news makes me depressed. Its kind of frustrating, and in a way the Bachelor could be news..ha ha.
I never look at the news when I don't have to. National and international stuff bores me, and by the time I'm interested, it's such a big, old story that it takes too much effort to get caught up.
Local stuff just cycles through the same flooding, swine flu, west nile virus, fire season, election stories every year with crazy murderers along the way. Yeah, kind of depressing.
I agree though, ksl.com is the bomb. :)
I totally feel the same about the local news, those stories are pretty much the same over and over again! I really am leaning towards a magazine subscription. I feel like I spend enough time online blogging, emailing, and reading blogs, I don't need more things to do online.
Post a Comment