Thursday, February 23, 2012

Random Thought Thursday


  • This week I got two "Christmas" cards in the mail.  I thoroughly enjoyed them and I am thinking maybe I will start doing the same.  I really regret not doing a letter with our card for 2 years in a row, but I just get so busy during the holidays, that is one thing I don't do.  So if you don't get a Christmas card from us in December, it might show up later in the year.
  • Kirk's French grandmother is known around our house for her cure for sore throats.  Whenever Kirk feels one coming on, he will mix up hydrogen peroxide, salt, and hot water.  He gargles this concoction and swears by it.  I have never tried it until this week and guess what?  It did cure my sore throat, thanks Grandma Christine!  I am still not feeling 100%, but my throat is all better.
  • I lost track of how many loads of laundry I have done today.  Ethan threw up during the night and managed to get throw up on everything!!!  I have been cleaning ALL his bedding and then some more blankets and quilts he managed to soil as well.  Sick kids are hard, but sometimes the laundry is even harder.  
  • With all the sick kids and laundry, I have been sitting around a little more than normal and so I watched Forks Over Knives recently.  Have you seen it?  What do you think?  I am still trying to figure out how I feel about it.
  • And speaking of that movie I just want to say how much I love netflix!  If it was on my tv upstairs, I would probably be watching way too much tv.  Do you have netflix?  I think I like it almost as much as DVR
  • We are still in basketball season for Ethan.  His Saturday league plays in the championship on Saturday.  The Wednesday league is still going though.  When Ethan got sick the other night, the first thing he asked about were his basketball games.  As long as he loves it, it is worth it.  He has had a great season! 

2 comments:

cindy said...

Thanks for sharing Laura! I love reading about you and your beautiful family! You are an inspiration! I also sent out "New Years Cards" of the family in San Diego! Love, Cindy

Lara said...

Cindy, thanks for all your sweet comments! Why don't you have a blog???