In July, Kirk's grandfather passed away. He lived a long and wonderful life, but had failing health the past couple of years. He died at the end of July. We had a trip planned to Lake Powell the day after the funeral. The twins were at scout camp, so Kirk headed down early to see family and I waited for the twins to come home from scout camp. Unfortunately, Kirk didn't get much extra time with family because the axle on the boat trailer broke. He got to wait on the side of the freeway for AAA to come tow him to town. The mechanic would be able to fix it, just not in time for our trip. The funeral was good. Kirk's dad and his siblings spoke and they all did such a wonderful job. I wish we would have taken some pictures, but we didn't. It was a sweet day with family.
Then we headed to the lake. We had a great time and always look forward to this trip with our friends and neighbors. We did miss our boat, but felt so grateful to enjoy the lake despite our troubles. Ethan and Tyler started school as soon as we got back, in fact they missed the first day because we were at the lake.
First day of school for Ethan and Tyler. Since we had to stop in Richfield to pick up the boat, we did a little school shopping at Christensens. And yes, Tyler picked that shirt out all by himself AND he talked Grandma into buying it for him.
And then, football started. This year all 4 of the boys played, it was a hectic year for us. On the last day of tryouts, David was tackled by a lineman on his team. The lineman fell on top of him and broke his arm. It broke David's heart as well. Who knew he loved football so much! Luckily it healed and he got to play for most of the season.
A couple of weeks after David broke his arm, I went to the doctor for some back pain. Turns out I had a large fibroid tumor and was scheduled for a hysterectomy at the end of August. For one of the first times in my life, I have been anxious to have this year over with and start a new one. Writing about our lives the second half of the year explains why, it has been a little rough.
Then we headed to the lake. We had a great time and always look forward to this trip with our friends and neighbors. We did miss our boat, but felt so grateful to enjoy the lake despite our troubles. Ethan and Tyler started school as soon as we got back, in fact they missed the first day because we were at the lake.
On a quick note, Tyler has ALWAYS begged us to stop at this rock shop and we finally did! I think he loved it.
And then, football started. This year all 4 of the boys played, it was a hectic year for us. On the last day of tryouts, David was tackled by a lineman on his team. The lineman fell on top of him and broke his arm. It broke David's heart as well. Who knew he loved football so much! Luckily it healed and he got to play for most of the season.
A couple of weeks after David broke his arm, I went to the doctor for some back pain. Turns out I had a large fibroid tumor and was scheduled for a hysterectomy at the end of August. For one of the first times in my life, I have been anxious to have this year over with and start a new one. Writing about our lives the second half of the year explains why, it has been a little rough.






2 comments:
Yikes! What a year! I hope the next one is better. I have fibroids but I've been too chicken to do anything about it. Are you glad you had surgery. Also, is your parents' house ok? I saw all those rock slide pictures and thought of you guys. I hope that's not broken too!
Our family-
I am glad I had surgery. However, it was quite the recovery, I had to be cut open:( and the tumor was the size of a soccer ball. I had a lot of back pain, so I am feeling much better. And yes, my parents house is fine. That accident wasn't near their home, but it is still very scary!
Post a Comment