Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A New House (2 years ago....)

Having 4 boys is a lot of fun.  About 4 years ago, they were all playing football, and sure enough, they would never have practice at the same time or on the same days, so I was ALWAYS driving them back and forth, sometimes several times a day.  We lived in a great neighborhood, loved our ward, and were all very happy, except every time we had to drive to football.  We would sit at the light at Bangerter and wait and wait for a green light.  We were always trying to get to practice on time and we were always anxious.  One day one of the boys forgot a helmet or mouth piece or water bottle or something, so I had to run home and come right back.  I'm not sure if Kirk called me in that moment or I called him, but I complained. I told him we needed to move closer to the high school or he needed to get me a small commuter car, I was driving a suburban back and forth.  I was sick of spending so much time in the car, but I wasn't completely serious in my demands, just frustrated.  But before the football season was over, we purchased a lot on the other side of Bangerter, closer to the high school.

We told the kids, they didn't want to move.  It all happened so quickly, we weren't sure we wanted to move either, but in the end, we all got excited about building a new home and being so much closer to where we were always going.

 These pictures were taken the week before they broke ground on our new home.  It was a Sunday afternoon and Jacob was at home sick.


This was taken just after we bought the lot.











We have loved our new home, our new ward, and our new neighborhood!


No comments: