Friday, May 30, 2008

Long Time, No Post

Wow, it really has been a long time since I have written anything. Mostly because I can't think of anything to write. Which is a good sign that I have probably been a little too busy and maybe even a little stressed. I think I am past that now.

I just finished reading 2 books this week and realized how much I love reading. It has been too long since I got lost in a book. When I first moved out here I helped start a book club. It was a lot of fun but kind of fizzled out after a couple of years. I admit I got a little burned out as well. But I am ready to do it again. Reading is one hobby I am not ready to let go of. It is a great way to learn about yourself and the world around you without ever having to go anywhere. Some things I have learned from my recent reads---Some adults never grow up and never will, I will probably be one of them. It is amazing how little we actually do change throughout our lives. Especially if we are not making a constant effort. You can make a change in your life if you really want to. But it is always hard and pushes your limits. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Education equals freedom, in so many ways. And lastly I have gained a better appreciation for what a lucky girl I am. I am grateful that I can read. I love it!

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

So I found your blog...Yeah me. It's Amy Belnap saying hi, your kids are cute and your family looks like you guys have so much fun...come and see our blog.

scraphappymama said...

i love to read too!! i just wish I found more time for it in my life. i think i need a book reading get away. i need to call you soon. i'm coming up to utah in july!!!!