For the past couple of days I thought about using my camera and then forgot. So sorry for no pictures. I wanted pictures for myself more than anything, but oh well. A couple of weeks ago we went and spent time with my grandma. She has had some health problems recently and is not doing as well as she used to be. We took her to lunch and spent some time at her home. I love my grandma. I was her first grandchild and I was born on her birthday. And she lets everyone know it, to the point it can be annoying. But that is just the way she is. She has always made me feel so special. Growing up I was spoiled by her and I loved it. Every girl needs someone in their life that makes them feel so great. My grandfather passed away when I was little so I don't have very many memories of him. One memory I do have is him telling my grandma to take me shopping and buy me a new dress. So my grandma took me shopping and we got a dress. I am not sure where we bought it that day, but I remember many shopping trips to the Cottonwood Mall. Which is now gone. I was so sad to see it leveled. My grandma used to take us there as little kids so we could get a hot dog on a stick. Oh the memories. Anyway this is about my grandma, not the mall. She is just a great person and I am grateful for the role she has had in my life. It never hurts to have such a great cheerleader in your corner.
Also this week I had a visit from my best friend in Texas. We got to spend a couple of days together and it was fun. And oh the memories we have. We met in Provo during our 2nd year at the Y. She was super studious and driven. I was all about having fun. I like to think we evened each other out, but I still would like to have been more studious. I still admire her drive and self-discipline. And I would still like some of that. She is clean and organized and her kids are well taught. If only I had it that together. Maybe someday, but maybe not. I am grateful for her and her good influence on me. I probably never would have considered a mission if I hadn't of met her. And she always reminds me of what a good friend she is because of all the times I would wake her after my dates with Kirk so I could get her advice. She is great and I am glad she still has family in Utah so I get to see her too!
1 comment:
I even have some memories of your grandma...she is the sweetest lady! Hope she is feeling better and up to it soon!
Post a Comment