

I LOVED this movie! I got to see the play in Vegas and it was wonderful! The scenery in the movie is not to be missed! It is just a joy to watch...until Pierce opens his mouth. He is handsome and looks the part perfectly, he just can't sing. The people in Hollywood seem to work miracles when it comes to making ordinary people look beautiful and sound beautiful, I just can't understand why they didn't work their magic on Pierce. I just kept thinking, "I hope his family didn't see this, and if they did, what did they say?" And I wondered, "What was HE thinking?"
Even though I feel a little sorry and embarrassed for Pierce, I have seen the movie twice already and would see if again. I liked it that much, but I am a sucker for good musicals and love stories....
2 comments:
I felt the exact same way! My cousin Jenny and I went to it and every time Pierce would start singing, we'd both be cringing, feeling so embarrassed and awkward for him! I thought it was such a cute movie and he fit the part so well except for the singing - seriously, why could they not have dubbed in someone else like they did with George Clooney in Oh Brother Where Art Thou?! It would have been so much better. That's the biggest thing I will remember about the movie, sadly. I have to say, I saw Meryl Streep on a late night show talking about how she cannot sing but just braved her way through it, so I was not expecting much from her - but she did great!
I'm totally in agreeance with you! I still loved the movie though. I am a sucker for musicals as well. I really need to go see it on the strip, I wonder if I'll be able to drag Michael out to it. That will be a bigger challenge than making Pierce sound good.
Post a Comment