Friday, October 24, 2008

Warning! (This may be too cheesy for some of you)


This photo was taken when Kirk and I were 18 years old. I found some other beauties that I will have to post later.

One time when I was in high school, Kirk REALLY wanted to talk to me in the middle of the night. So he came to my house flanked with about 3 or 4 friends. They all took posts just in case they woke up the wrong people. Kirk proceeded to the backyard to my basement window (which is also just below my parents window). He made all sorts of attempts to wake me by knocking on the window, but it all resulted in nothing. I didn't hear a thing! He told me the story the next day and I had no idea he was there.

So he learned early on that I am a GOOD sleeper. When we were blessed with twins, Kirk was just finishing up his last semester of college. So I usually got up by myself with both of them. He was in the middle of finals and working. On weekends, Kirk always helped. He has been the best husband and dad as far as helping out with the kids. Fast forward a couple of years later and sometimes I wouldn't even hear my babies. There were times he would get up with them and I wouldn't even know it. And it still happens to this day.

It takes me awhile to wake up and be coherent. Sometimes Kirk will tell me things that happened in the night and I thought I just dreamed them. Last night Tyler came in to our room and he was sick. He was throwing up all over. Kirk literally sprang into action. I laid there in bed dreaming about a little boy throwing up for awhile before I realized what was actually happening. We got him cleaned up and back to bed. Then we sat in the hall with our soapy water scrubbing our carpet (we had taco soup last night so we have some nice red spots left over). It was 4:00am. I was thinking how lucky I am to have Kirk. He had an early meeting this morning. He has also had a really busy week at work, we have hardly seen him. He very easily could have told me to get up and take care of it because he had meetings and work early in the morning, but he has never been like that. He is so good to get up and help. I am so lucky to have him. And it is a good thing, because I am a GOOD sleeper!

4 comments:

Kaits said...

Haha nice picture. It's sad I don't really remember you guys while you were that age. I don't really even remember that you guys were dating then so when you say you were 18 in that picture it's kind of a surprise haha.

Amanda said...

Ok I want to know who took the kissing picture? I love the pictures of the two of you when you were younger.

Lara said...

We took the picture ourselves! I think it was Kirk who took it, he does have longer arms. And it was back in the day before digital cameras, so we didn't know how it would turn out until we developed the film. I thought it turned out pretty good.

Trisha said...

I love the cheesey posts. It gives me hope.
You and Kirk have such a great story and I think you BOTH picked really well.