Sunday, May 10, 2009

Disneyland 2009

Who goes on a family vacation and forgets the camera?  We do!  I can't believe all of the things that we forgot on this trip.  I am usually pretty thorough with my lists, but not this time.  Lucky for us we have good friends who waded through our messy house and over-nighted the camera to us!  So here are a few of our Disneyland pics-

Tyler is the only one of our kids who ever liked the characters at Disneyland.  The others were always afraid or they just didn't care.  Tyler always gets so excited!  I love it!  It makes it fun for us too.

This is Ethan with his favorite uncle.  When he gets mad at us he tells us he will live with Uncle Michael, we tell him to go for it:)

We came back for more after a day at the beach.

Splash Mountain broke down on us, so we had to get out and walk off.  But first we took a picture on the mountain.  Then we got fast passes to the ride of our choice, sweet!  I think Splash Mountain was our family favorite.  We rode it more than any other ride.  We got really good at posing.  Kirk would check his watch, someone would pick their nose, another would be putting in contacts or checking themselves out.  We did this so much that I had to laugh when we got off of the Screamer in California and David proudly shows us his "pose".  He pretended to be asleep.  It was a good pose!  I wish I would have had my camera to take a picture of the picture, I am too cheap to buy those things.  

Waiting for the shuttle...Oh the joy of the shuttle system.  Ethan was always afraid that we were going to miss the shuttle.  Our reassurance did no good whatsoever.  Next day we got on the shuttle, he marched to the front and talked to the driver about the schedule.  I guess he just didn't believe us.  

My boys spent their souvenir money at the lego store.  They received a lego magazine with their purchase and they loved that as much as the legos themselves.  

Standing in line for the new Toy Story Mania.  The ride was a hit!  We all loved it.  If only the line would have been shorter.  It was by far the longest line we waited in.  My husband is very competitive and we would have spent a lot of time here improving our scores if we didn't have to wait.  I think Grandpa had the highest score by the end of the week.    

Family photo in front of Tower of Terror, which was Tyler's favorite ride.  He rode it a couple of times and totally loved it.  Jacob and Ethan still don't really like it.  They are good sports and always go once, but they don't like it.  

Waiting for Soaring Over California, which was Tyler's least favorite ride, he did NOT want to do it again!


That's my whole family.  There are a lot of us and we will only be getting bigger.  I love each of them so much!  We had a super vacation!

5 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

aww man that looks like you guys had so much fun! Glad you did and got to be with each other.

Kristina P. said...

How completelly fun! My husband and I haven't been in since we've been married, and we are talking about going for Christmas. I hope we can do it!

rachel said...

It looks like you had a blast Lara! How cool that your neighbors sent you your camera :) I want to take the kids to Disneyland soon!

Dave and Kristin said...

That looks like so much fun! I haven't been there in 8 years...I would love to go again. It's fun to see pictures of your family. I still think of Parker and Kaitlin being little kids. It's crazy seeing everyone grown up!

Mike and Alleen said...

How fun to see your family growing! It sounds like it was a very fun trip. We probably missed you by a day. We just got back last night from Disneyland. We spent 4 days at the park. It would have been fun to run into you!