Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tragedy!

My son took it upon him to show our nest and eggs to his friend.  Resulting in the disappearance and destruction of our little eggs.  He claims that only 3 fell out and broke.  However, this morning there were 0 eggs.  It has been a sad morning at our house.  And I can't believe how upset I got at my son.  First of all I was angry that this all happened yesterday and he didn't say anything and second, I guess I was enjoying and looking forward to seeing the eggs and their progress as much as my kids.  Oh well.  

4 comments:

rachel said...

OH NO! I'm so sorry Lara! It's amazing how attached we get to these little creatures...Thanks for sharing your insight! I would love to know what articles you read...I have never thought of it like that before...maybe it will get me motivated to consistently exercise now :)

J.J. said...

I hope my son was not involved and if he was I am so sorry.

Kristina P. said...

That breaks my heart!

Dave and Kristin said...

oh, that's so sad. Sorry that happened. I felt the same way about our duck eggs. I was really looking forward to seeing the ducklings.