I grew up going to boutiques and fabric stores with my mom. And then I helped paint and stuff things that she had made for her boutique. You would think I would have a vast knowledge about all things decorative for my house, but I don't. I think it sort of had the opposite effect where I mostly have never really cared to decorate my house. I appreciate good design and I admire the homes of friends and family, I just haven't ever done anything myself. Funny story I just thought of...last time we were in Rockville we played Taboo with Parker and Chelsey. The word was Feng Shui. It was Kirk's turn to give me clues so that I would guess the word. He starts by telling my I probably don't know this guy because he doesn't know him either (I am really bad at names and history), then he gets me to say fang and miraculously I guessed feng shui! Anyway, my house has never really looked like it was pulled together. I have needed lamps for my front room for about 9 years now. One day while at hobby lobby for pine wood derby supplies (because I don't usually go there unless my mom sends me to get something for her or I need a picture frame) I bought a lamp. When I got home I decided it wasn't what I wanted and had to take it back. But it got the wheels turning about finally decorating my home. I then went to pier one to look around for a lamp, I came home with a topiary. But on the way home, I decided it was time to get serious. I came home, consulted with my husband, and even though he was very concerned about our bank account, he agreed to let me hire a designer. So far the results have been wonderful! Expensive, but wonderful! For the first time our house feels like a home and somewhat put together. There is still work to be done and it will be awhile before I get curtains, but I am loving it!
I will post more pictures as soon as I take them!
And now for the graphic part. Last week I had my legs operated on. In fact tomorrow it will have been one week exactly. Ever since my last pregnancy I have had terrible varicose veins. They are pretty bad, but they have become a part of me. I had one surgery a couple years ago that relieved a lot of my pain, but the big ropey veins have still been there. This summer after a lake powell trip, my brother kindly offered to photo shop a pic of me and take out the vein. What vein? I forgot it was there I am just so used to it. Anyway, the veins are gone! For reals! And I am not really sure it was worth it. We will see how my legs looks if they ever get back to normal. You may never read this blog again after you see the next picture, sorry.
3 comments:
Recover quick! It looks painful! That's exciting about the decor! It's so fun decorating, but I'm horrible at putting things together and I usually end up taking half of what I buy back to the store. I'm excited to see more pictures!
I have always thought that you did a fabulous job decorating and that I needed some pointers from you. I will have to come check out the finished product sometime.
Ouch! I hope you are feeling "good as new" shortly.
I can't wait to see more pics of your house! I'm seriously diggin' that table. How exciting!!! I would sooooo love to hire a designer! I'm feeling a little lost with my main living area right now...
I'm sorry you had to have surgery on your legs! Truthfully, the first thing I thought when I saw that picture was, "beautiful legs!!" : )
Post a Comment