Thursday, June 2, 2011

Poor Dog/Poor Bank Account



We went to Rockville for Memorial Day weekend.  The weather was great, I almost forgot what warm weather felt like.  We hauled all the boys' bikes down and they enjoyed their first mountain biking experiences.  We ate our weight in chips and salsa, the kids swam, the big boys worked on the hut, football passes were thrown, games were played, babies were cuddled (one of my favorite parts), good times were had, and Reggie got foxtails.  And the foxtails would not come out.  





Our dog disowns us in Rockville and literally will not leave my Dad's side.  Whether he is on the tractor, lawn mower, four wheeler, in the bathroom, on the couch or in his room, Reggie is there in his shadow.  So after following my dad, chasing lizards, and playing with dead gophers, the dog was covered in foxtails.  We took out all we could see, but by the end of the weekend, one ear couldn't stand up and he took turns limping on different legs.  He was a crippled mess.  We wondered if his ear got bitten or maybe he broke his leg.  When we got home, I made an appointment with the vet.  Yesterday we got in and they determined there were more foxtails deep inside his ear and foot.  They told me to leave him there (they were going to put him out) and come get him in the morning.  It was a little traumatizing, I wasn't planning on having him spend the night, but he did.  So we got him back today, bandages and antibiotics, and a nice bill as well!


If Reggie looks a little red/pink, it's because he is dirty from Rockville.  Then they told me not to get him wet for 2-3 days, so he will not be getting a bath anytime soon, poor dog.  Tyler asked if he could sign his cast.  It is just a soft bandage, but it makes me laugh.  You should see him hobbling around the house, it is hilarious!

Since we have been home, the suburban has been in the shop.  While we were away, the back decided not to open.  And then the dome lights wouldn't go off.  After being in the shop for a day and a half, they finally got it open.  Bad news is that we have to buy a whole new motor and it isn't cheap.  Also I have been to the bike shop twice!  One bike is fixed and one is still there.  I hope everything will work properly for awhile.  Our bank account could use a break!  

1 comment:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Sorry...I would still trade you stiations right now :-/. I do completely udnerstand the foxtail drama...3 times in one summer for Saders magoo last year. I finally got pet insurace...thank goodness.