Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stages


Once upon a time I was a stay at home mom with 4 little babies.  Life was crazy and I tried my best to make it memorable and fun along the way, but it was a lot of work!  
I realize that this is a terrible picture of me, but I think it captures how exhausting and hard my job was.  I mean just look at all those little boys/babies!!!!  Want to see more?  








Life is starting to change a lot for me.  It is amazing how quickly my boys have grown up and how life has changed.  For example, today I slept in until about 6:30.  That really is sleeping in for me.  When my boys were little, they used to wake up so, so early!!!  I layed in bed for about another half hour (luxury!) and then got up, made lunches, did some dishes, said some prayers, and sent everyone off to school and work.  I then sat around for a few minutes and eventually went to the gym.  It is lunch time now and I am still alone in my quiet house (except for the washing machine and dryer).  I used to dream of times like these.  The alone time!  The quietness!  The ability to do something for myself!  And now it is finally here!  And I do love my life.  I LOVED being a prisoner in my own home with all of those babies.  Can you believe I used to have 3 high chairs and 4 car seats?  It was sooooooooo much work to go anywhere and do anything, but I did it anyways because that is how I survived.  When I see young moms with lots of little ones, I am so glad that time is over for me.  But what I wouldn't give to go back in time and squeeze those fat little things and giggle and play with them.  My twins are about to turn 11 years old.  Their feet are just about the same size as mine.  They will probably be taller than me this time next year.  They have become better skiers than me.  And I think it is having quite the effect on my husband, but that will be another post.  As for me, I am feeling old and sad that they are so big.  I don't want smelly, awkward boys, with zits going through puberty and that is right where I am headed.  But for now everything is just about perfect.  I love being a mom.  I love those boys of mine.  I love to be able to enjoy them as people and laugh and have fun together.  I love their personalities, it is amazing how different they are!  So I will continue to enjoy this stage as long as it lasts!  Oh and speaking of personalities, you should see this!

3 comments:

Ashley DeMille said...

THose little chubbs are so cute!

Our family said...

I can't believe the other three were so little when Tyler was born. I remember meeting you when you were pregnant, but I don't remember your boys every being that young. Crazy how time flies. It makes me so sad to know this fun time in life is slipping away so quickly! My kids better be awesome teens and adults so I don't miss this stage too much!

scraphappymama said...

I feel like I am still in this crazy phase, and wishing for a few quiet moments. I haven't blogged or looked at blogs for ages. Finally, stopped by and feel like I am catching up on your life. I really do need to call you! hope you are doing well!