Tyler has begged for a long time to take karate. I know absolutely nothing about karate! So we found a little place close by and signed him up. I am finding out that this karate is serious stuff! This picture was taken of Tyler at his belt test. He passed and got a yellow belt, he was so excited. I had no idea he had to perform and complete such events to advance his belt.
Jacob and David both played basketball this spring. We played them up a grade and I was surprised how well they fit in. They are growing so quickly right now, it is scary! I recently bought size 10 shoes for them.
They also earned their Arrow of Light. They are on to 11 year old scouts and couldn't be happier. Unless they could some how get out of primary for the next year...
Tyler played flag football this year and had a great time. Turns out he likes karate even better though. Next year he will be able to sign up for tackle football. He seems so little, I can't believe it! But I have to remember that his brothers started at 8 years old as well.
Ethan did his wax museum report at school on Thomas Edison. I was thrilled! Jacob did the same one last year, so I just dug it out of the basement and used it again!
Ethan has played a lot of basketball this year and had a lot of success. They recently played for the championship and barely won, it was a nerve racking game. Ethan loves basketball and has really improved!
David and Jacob finished off their school year with a puppet show. I owe lots of thanks to my mom for helping make these while I was in London.
The kids had their annual Fun Run at school. All the boys ran hard and did such a good job. Tyler and Ethan especially take these kinds of things seriously!
The boys had a party on the last day of school. They each invited a few friends so we had a house and yard full of boys! It had been so warm, we planned a water party, but it turned off cold! I started planning games and things to do. Even though it was cold, the boys had a blast getting wet.
We still played lots of fun games. This was one where the boys had to eat disgusting things. The first was a jar of baby food. I took that labels off so they didn't know what they were getting, but it was just peaches. It was incredibly difficult for most of them. One boys was nearly in tears trying to drink a can of tomato juice and it turns out all the boys liked spam! We played another disgusting game called "What's that smell?" I smeared baby food in baby diapers and they boys had to guess what the baby ate. It was awful. I grossed myself out.
In this game, the boys had to fish out 2 gummy worms with out using their hands. They all loved this one!
I'm not a party planning person, but I had a lot of fun doing this for all of my boys.


1 comment:
Thanks for posting pictures. It is fun to see them in action
Post a Comment