First of all, we started a new family tradition. Our son David informed us that we do not spend enough time with him (we really are pretty good parents, we even have FHE but I guess that isn't enough). He was tired of seeing us get babysitters and leave him behind. So we came up with Friday Family Fun Night. One Friday each month is going to be dedicated to having fun with the family. So Friday the kids made their own shopping lists and we went to get supplies to make our own individual pizzas. I told them to make their own lists so we would know what to get. Along with pizza toppings, Ethan included "white bread" on his list. I guess he misses it, I had no idea. So I bought a loaf of white bread.
We got home from the store about the same time that Kirk got home from work. I had been on my computer earlier that day and it was just fine. However, when we got home from the store, I noticed that something wasn't right (my computer is a left over laptop from Kirk's work). The hinge was coming apart and had popped up. I told Kirk..."Look at my computer sweetie, it is broken!"
And he said, "OK Lara we are getting you a mac!"
"What?!?! I am getting a mac?!?!?"
I had joked with him a lot about getting one for my birthday. Turns out he had looked at them, but was waiting for our anniversary. I really couldn't believe it. So we made our pizzas and drank our sodas and then we headed to the apple store. We walked in and got what we needed. I also got a free printer, yipee! Then we headed back out into the night and watched the kids dance in the water and lights. It was a great Family Fun Night. I only regret that I didn't take any pictures of the night. Not so much the pizza making, but I would love to have pictures of the kids running around in the water feature that night. It was a warm and beautiful night and not just because I was holding my new mac book.
5 comments:
How exciting you got a mac, what a fun surprise from Kirk, and I would have love to seen pictures of your boys.
Yea for you- I know you've been wanting a Mac! I love this tradition you are doing with your boys. I've been trying to live more in the moment with my kids and it sounds like that's just what you're doing. These are memories they will always remember :) Your new background is way cute too!
Yeah... where's the picture of the Mac??!
I'm so excited for you!!!!!
(by the way, awesome idea for family time. I might borrow it...)
What a great surprise and what a great tradition. We never have babysitters so every Friday night is a fun night out with our kids. They get excited when we do have a babysitter because it is very rare.
YAY on the mac!!! You are a spoiled girl :) (than again, so am I). So, if I have a family fun night do you think I could get Aaron to buy me a bike?!?!?
Sounds like a fun night all around!!
Post a Comment