Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stinky Shoe Boxes

This is what I found

Kirk is probably going to England this year for work. I am probably going to go with him. I can't wait! I have never ever been. I got even more excited when we realized we could probably take a little day trip to Paris as well. Paris? Are you kidding me? I never thought I would get there this soon in my life. I hope things at work continue in this direction.

My passport is old and I need to renew it. Renewing it is not a big deal, but finding it was. And I had to turn it in inorder to renew it. I had already spent some good time in the storage room finding the Halloween decorations, organizing food storage, and now I had to find the passport. I started digging through my mission stuff. I wish I could post a scratch and sniff label for you all to smell. All of my stuff has a very distinct "Brazil" smell. And I came home with it, just ask my family. Actually you don't need to ask them because if you know me and my family, you have probably smelled it or they have already told you about it. They love to remind me how bad I smelled when I came home from my mission. Anyway, every box I opened smelled of Brazil. I didn't find my passport, but I did find a lot of these...

I have shoe boxes full of the letters that Kirk wrote me from his mission and the letters he wrote me on my mission. What treasures! If I ever forget how much he cares about me, I have boxes of evidence. I love them. I am so grateful that we didn't have email. Oh the tragedy it is that we are loosing the art of letter writing. I love letters. They are so magical. I am so glad I got to serve my mission in the time of letter writing. It was always so fun to receive a piece of home in the mail. And it was always so fun to get letters from Kirk. He used to write the best letters. And they were long, like 2-3 pages. Once a week! No wonder I married him! I won't say anymore because I don't want to embarrass him...but this one was my all time favorite. Maybe because I was homesick, maybe because the mission was hard, maybe because I missed him, probably all of that. But I will never forget when he sent me this card. It was the best!

I love my stinky, letter filled shoe boxes. And I eventually found my passport in a completely random box. Lucky me!

3 comments:

Amy B. said...

It still is weird to me that you guys married each other...I guess you were meant for each other and found that out early in life...

Lara said...

It is still weird to me sometimes that we are married. I was not planning on marrying someone from Richfield, are you kidding me? I was going to marry some rich guy from back east and get married in the Washington DC temple. But I couldn't be happier. Funny how things work out.

Trisha said...

I know exactly what you mean with the Brazil smell. My scriptures still have a faint smell even though they have been airing out for, well let's just say, a lot of years now.
My family couldn't stand it!