Today was our ward's primary program. Our kids were asked to wear white. They don't always wear white shirts and ties, but they did today and I thought they were so handsome. I love my boys a lot! The primary program was probably just like the one in your ward, same music, etc (except we got out early, yipee). We have a large primary and some of the kids had to sit on the first few rows in the congregation. One of them was my little Ethan. Luckily we were on the same side, so we got a great view of him. I had a great view of all of my boys. One of their favorite songs is "Called to Serve". They have requested that a lot at FHE this year. Today when the piano struck up the intro for "Called to Serve", Ethan crinkled his nose in excitement and shook his head like a rockstar. All of my boys eagerly sang this song (not so much on the other songs). I couldn't help but picture them in the MTC singing this song in the near future and leaving for missions. And I couldn't help but cry. They are growing up so fast. And I can't stop it. Faster than I realize we will be at the MTC, and sooner than I like, they will be leaving me and their dad and brothers to serve the Lord. I know that they are all going to be great missionaries. I just never thought part of me would dread the day they have to leave.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Today I Cried
Today was our ward's primary program. Our kids were asked to wear white. They don't always wear white shirts and ties, but they did today and I thought they were so handsome. I love my boys a lot! The primary program was probably just like the one in your ward, same music, etc (except we got out early, yipee). We have a large primary and some of the kids had to sit on the first few rows in the congregation. One of them was my little Ethan. Luckily we were on the same side, so we got a great view of him. I had a great view of all of my boys. One of their favorite songs is "Called to Serve". They have requested that a lot at FHE this year. Today when the piano struck up the intro for "Called to Serve", Ethan crinkled his nose in excitement and shook his head like a rockstar. All of my boys eagerly sang this song (not so much on the other songs). I couldn't help but picture them in the MTC singing this song in the near future and leaving for missions. And I couldn't help but cry. They are growing up so fast. And I can't stop it. Faster than I realize we will be at the MTC, and sooner than I like, they will be leaving me and their dad and brothers to serve the Lord. I know that they are all going to be great missionaries. I just never thought part of me would dread the day they have to leave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So Cute...we had our program today too but my kids are so shy and they didn't participate much. BTW, you probably already hear this a ton but I think the twins look just like you and your family and Ethan and Tyler look just like Kirk.
What adorable future missionaries you have. It will be here sooner than you think. My daughter will be in her very first program in a couple weeks. I can't wait!
What adorable future missionaries you have. It will be here sooner than you think. My daughter will be in her very first program in a couple weeks. I can't wait!
I love primary programs :)
That is one good-looking group of boys!
I always loved game days in high school because the guys would wear shirts and ties to school. White shirts even better. They look so SHARP!
Your boys did so good, and they all look so handsome.
I love the primary program, it's nice to have it done now.
Post a Comment