Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Here Comes the Sun, and....




Dandelions-When the sun came out yesterday, so did the weeds.  It was like they appeared out of nowhere overnight.  I spent a little time removing them from the grass and I know I will be doing it again.

Lack of clothing-If you didn't know better, you might think it was a sweltering 100° outside.  When I went to pick up the kids from school I passed all the middle school kids walking home from school.  There were boys with out shirts, girls with their shirts off, proudly displaying camis, and people laying out.  And my boys are begging me to get out the water slide.  "Not yet," I say.  "It's not that warm!"

Eating outside-My boys have been begging me to do this since Sunday.  Lucky for them, they got to eat outside last night with their cousins.  I think they all had a good time.

Grass stains-I am not talking about grass stains on clothes (although those can be messy too) but I am talking about grass stains on knees and bare feet.  As I was bathing my baby last night, I had to make sure the green got washed away.  

I love the sun and I am so glad it is finally here!  Here comes the sun and here comes the fun, I say.  I told the boys I was going to check them out of school for some fun this week.  Any good ideas?  

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Me too! It was gorgeous today, and perfect at 74 degrees!

rachel said...

I adore this time of year. I still want to take the fam and walk up to temple. That's my big plan...and to live outside :)

J.J. said...

I love this weather. My kids have been playing out side so much. We should get a bunch of us and go to the park for lunch.