Thursday, April 30, 2009

They Just Don't Make Them Like They Used To....

We watched this last night.  It is one of my all time favorites.  I watched it over and over as a kid.  I wanted to be stranded on an island and live in a tree house.  It still makes me sad that they changed the tree house at Disneyland into Tarzan's house, but oh well.  I think my kids loved the movie as much as me.  Tyler wants to get a boat, go to the island, live in a tree house, and make coconut bombs to ward off the bad guys.  Sounds pretty good to me.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It has been a very long time since I saw this movie!

rachel said...

I love this movie! We own it too. I read the book with Conner for awhile and it is pretty dry, but I love the values and the adventure of it. It is a great story for kids, isn't it? We will have to watch it again as a family soon!

Mike and Alleen said...

I LOVE the old Disney movies. We watched Apple Dumpling Gang and Treasure Island a few weeks ago. I'm not sure the kids appreciated them, but they did enjoy parts. I need to get Swiss Family Robinson though.

J.J. said...

I love this movie, I also watch it over and over and I too wanted to live in a tree house like it. Tyler is such a cute kid, love the part that he wants to make coconut bombs to ward off the bad guys lol.
It was so nice to talk to you today.

Trisha said...

I agree........They don't make them like they used to. I saw a movie this weekend and was glad that we went to the matinee and only paid $5.50. It wasn't even worth that, let alone $8. There are very few movies these days that are worth $8.

Sam and Josh said...

My kids would absolutely love to have that treehouse. What a great movie.