A couple of weeks before the baptism the twins mentioned something about all of the presents they got for their birthday and how they were going to get even more for their baptism. We immediately reminded them that their baptism was not a birthday and they would not be receiving any more gifts. We did not want them to expect anything. But everyone was so generous and they did receive a lot. But they were genuinely surprised and equally grateful. They are such sweet boys. It was a beautiful day.

Monday night we went to dinner and the Jazz game with Kirk's boss. I have met him and his wife a Christmas parties, but that is it. I am not very good at these kinds of social situations. And I don't feel very comfortable either. Kirk does so good in social situations, I am glad I married him. And he obviously knows these people way more than I do. So they all chatted about politics, sports, and stuff that I know nothing about. His boss's wife recently ran for mayor of slc and is very intelligent and involved. Being with all of them was a good reminder to me that I am totally out of "it" by being a stay at home mom. Oh well. I love being at home. This other couple has 2 young boys who are cared for by a nanny. I couldn't help but feel bad for those kids and for their parents for missing out on so much. Another person I felt bad for was the 3 WEEK old baby who was next to me at the Jazz game. To make it worse, it was the grandma who was holding him. You would think at least she would know better, but I guess not. He slept through most of the game, but you could see him start to cry when it got real noisy.
Yesterday I was talking on the phone with one of my good friends. We were talking about none other than all of the yummy Easter candy out there, when all of the sudden my doorbell rang. It was the neighbor boy with a brand new bad of Reese's Pieces Peanut butter eggs. You know the ones that I couldn't stop eating the other day? Obviously Janice is trying to sabotage my diet. It doesn't take much though. With all the yummy food on Saturday (baptism), strawberry shortcake on Sunday, out to dinner on Monday (luckily it was sushi), strawberry spinach salad with fried won tons and brownies (I had to make a salad and dessert to take to a family) last night, and tonight? Well I am making salad and dessert again to take to another family. It has been a rough week. I weigh in tomorrow. Tune back in and I will let you know how it went.
I did take one picture on Saturday after we left for the baptism. I like it a lot. It is Ethan and Tyler with their uncles, who they also resemble, don't you think?
8 comments:
Congrats to your boys! What an exciting day. And I remember I got a Barbie after my baptism.
how fun! I am glad the day went so well. I love easter but hate it in that it's like a dental/diet nightmare..I love the reese chocolate eggs like the ones that are like the egg shaped reese peanut butter cup? gaah! oh and in my blog you asked what the first item was of that cycling stuff..those are arm warmers..they are awesome in that you can put them off and on fast depending on when your cold then hot!
You could have talked to Kirk's boss and his wife about cooking and eating!!! You are an expert cook and almost everyone likes to eat! Good thing you like sushi so much if you are going to Japan. You probably won't gain any weight over there...unless you go to mac-a-dona-roo-dools (McDonalds) too many times.
Wow, in that picture Ethan really looks like Mike and Tyler like Parker. Anyways, that was a fun day and your boys and sooo cute!
If it makes you feel any better, my diet hasn't been going the best either. My visiting teachers keep bringing me goodies!
Congrats to the twins! They look so grown up. :) And I can't believe bringing a 3 week old to a Jazz game!!
Ethan and Tyler totally resemble their uncles.
It was so fun to see you at the baptism, I can't believe we had so many from our ward this month.
I really enjoyed your testimony on sunday.
What a fun post and super cute pictures!!
Post a Comment