After a 2 week hiatus from running and exercise it has been a little rough getting back into it because my body does not feel as strong as I would like. At the same time it does feel good to get back into it, because exercise always feels good, even though it is hard. So this morning I ran outside for the first time this year, sans long pants and jackets, and it was hard. But it felt so good. It was like medicine for my soul. I love to be out and see the sunrise, the mountains, the other runners (there are a lot around here), flowers blooming, alfalfa fields, the temple (even thought I HATE that hill and I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest from beating so hard), and to hear the water trickling. And the lastly, it is always so good to make it back to our water when the run is over. It was great. I love running outside. The weather has been perfect lately. I could do this weather all year long. I hope it lasts a long time.
I have still been weighing myself. I am trying not to gain back the 10 pounds I lost and sooner or later I will get back on my diet. However, every morning, I was losing weight. And it was good medicine for the soul as well. But I knew something was fishy. It was too good to be true. I have been enjoying lots of yummy desserts and barbeques. So I changed the batteries in the scale. Problem solved. Not good for me. But it felt good to weigh so little before I changed the batteries, so now I am motivated to weigh that much for real.
And lastly, we discovered another egg yesterday. I hope this momma bird slows down. 2 or 3 was ok, 5 babies birds are going to be noisy! I hope she is done. This morning we were checking on them and we were back down to four. But then we saw one had fallen out to the side of the nest. I slid it back in with my finger. I was afraid it might fall down to the bottom of my decoration. I hope the momma doesn't reject it or anything
6 comments:
I don't own a scale. It's too depressing.
Your so good to go running! It was so fun to run into you today.
Good for you! I need to do better. I have been weighing myself every Saturday morning and it isn't going as well as I would like. Most likely due to my lack of self-control/discipline. Ü
I can't wait for my Recipes...seriously...can't wait!!!! And I am such a dork...I left you a comment on my own blog...we have tried the fake pill thing twice before...she figures is out! It's almost every night right now and I am losing it fast!!!
Wow, that makes running in the morning really seem worth it. I'm so not a morning person...or a running person, but maybe when my kids are older I'll have to start.
That is great. Keep it up. I love doing races only because you go so early and it is pretty.
Post a Comment