Friday, June 19, 2009

Just What I Needed.....

This week has been a little rough for me.  I am not even sure why.  I decided I was addicted to sugar and tried to go without.  I was not a very pleasant person for most of the day.  Until the evening rolled around and I found some chocolate that had been stashed in the cupboard.  And then I was happy.  For real.  Later in the week while I was waiting in line at Target, I remembered how good that chocolate made me feel.  So I bought a Dove chocolate bar.  Have you had one of these, oh they are sooo good!  I am embarrassed to say that I have eaten 2 of them this week.  But I did have to share one of them, even though I didn't really want to.  I don't understand how chocolate can make me feel better.  Does anyone know?   

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I am really struggling with the sugar thing right now. Last week I decided to stop eating it as long as possible and made it only 2 1/2 days before making a whole pan of the most evil, sweet, chocolatey goodness I could. (the Magic Cookie Bars on the back of the sweetened condensed milk can). I had three before sending them off with Rick to his work the next day. When I go down, I go down hard. And it's pretty often, sadly. I can't understand the hold sugar has on me!!! I'll even tell Rick that I'm NOT having any sugar and then hours later, if confronted with the option, will threaten bodily harm if he so much as reminds me of my pledge, because I CAN'T stop myself. And I'm not supposed to have sugar- miss hypoglycemia-geek me. I'm feeling super frustrated by it today and I swear you're in tune with my thoughts like 90% of the time from the things you post!!! So let me know if you find a miracle cure...

rachel said...

I'm sorry things are rough for you Lara :( I don't know the scientific reasons why chocolate makes us happy, but I say feel as happy as you can...and yes those candy bars look amazing!

Survivor of Seven said...

I know the answer to this one. You grew up in your mother's house where you were chocolate deprived as a child since she didn't like chocolate. It is your inner child speaking out to you...or rather begging to you to feed yourself chocolate. So sorry I did that to you... :)

Amy B. said...

Who cares...if it makes you feel better!!!