Monday, June 22, 2009

My Dad

For Father's Day, Ethan wrote and illustrated a book for his dad.  It was the best!  It is called "My Dad," and it is so cute, I have to share it.  The first page says, "Dectacatin to Dad."  And here is the story....

This is my dad his name is Kirk
My dad can play sports
But my dad can't stand on his head
My dad can camp
But he can't kill a snake
My dad can work
But my dad can't kill a bear
My dad can play chess
But he can't do girls hair
My dad can golf
But he can't stop working
My favorite thing about my dad is he works for money
I love it when he plays with me
My dad is a very good dad.  

The illustrations are so cute!  It had us giggling all day yesterday.  Ethan is such a funny boy.  His birthday is coming up and he gets to have a party and invite friends this year.  I keep offering all kinds of fun options, and he just wants simple everyday stuff like a basketball game or playing on the water slide.  He is very easy to please and such a sweet guy to have around, he is always asking to help.  We sure love having him.  And we love our dad too.  He is great!  And I too am glad that he works for money.  I love being a stay at home mom, most of the time.  

5 comments:

Survivor of Seven said...

too cute. You will have to show us the illustrations tonight. What a cute guy.

Kristina P. said...

I loved this! I haven't seen a single Father's Day post from the POV from the child.

Ashley DeMille said...

That is so cute! I've always liked Ethan he seems like such a sweet boy.

Kaits said...

CUTE! Ethan sure likes to write a lot! He writes cute stories! I'm glad you guys had a good fathers day though. And thanks again for everything this weekend! It was a blast. And no I haven't gone running yet.....but tonight! I'm going to miss having someone to run with :(

Trisha said...

That is so cute! I love kids. Maybe when he grows up and "works for money" he will write books. You might be raising the next great author!!