Wednesday, August 12, 2009

(Fan)cy Shmancy

Yesterday my husband went to SF for a business meeting.  The people he met with were from Japan and they sent me this, a Japanese Fan.  It came in a wooden box, all wrapped up in paper.  Inside were the fan and a matching little case.  It is beautiful.  Sometimes I feel sorry for myself that I live in the most informal and boring culture.  As I listened to Kirk talk about them and the possibility of going back to Japan, I was wishing that I could go again too.  Until then, I have my fan.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh...I remember buying those cheap versions when I was little. How fun that you have an authentic one.

Lisa said...

How gorgeous!!! So fun and nice of them to send that to you! What does ole' Kirk do for his job? It sure sounds interesting! The most exciting place my hubby has gone for work is probably Washington D.C. - but mostly he goes to California a lot - super exciting, yes...