Tuesday, September 29, 2009
New Beginnings
Today I started piano lessons. My mom made me take piano lessons for several years while I lived at home. If I had taken those lessons seriously, I might actually be a good piano player by now. However, I have forgotten small and simple things and I am excited to be learning. Soon Tyler will be in kindergarten and then I will have to start taking golf lessons, I promised Kirk I would. I look forward to doing that as well. Here we go on the next stage of life. I must admit I am very excited, I remember that I used to love learning. I sometimes wondered what happened to the old me. I am realizing that I am still that same, but being a mother of 4 little boys took everything out of me. Now that they are learning some independence and growing, I feel myself coming back to life. It is nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am excited for you! I used to play, and could play pretty well. But I haven't had a piano in years and I've lost it.
That is so awesome. I am sure you will love it. I must admit that sometimes I look forward to being in that stage of life when my kids can do more for themselves.
Good for you! I have noticed since I play more often for Primary that I have gotten better. Practicing really does make a difference! It will be a good example for your boys also.
I'm so proud of you!!!!! So fantastic!!
Good for you. I have thought about doing that. I even purchased a full size electronic keyboard (my place is too small for a piano). I can play the "Hymns Made Easy" but that is about it.
It was on my mission in Brazil, when often times the music in sacrament was sung acappella, that I really regretted having not put more time and effort into my practicing.
Post a Comment