Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Retail Therapy

I guess I have been feeling a little sorry for myself.  Kirk has been traveling a lot and I thought I was doing good.  After having him gone for a week to Japan, I thought I was doing great, but there is nothing like a little retail therapy to recharge or energize me.  I have had my eye on this soup pot and today I went and bought it.  I am soooo excited to make soup tonight!  When Kirk and I first got married, my mom advised us to get nice pots and pans.  We were so poor I am not sure why we spent so much money on nice pots and pans, but we did.  And they are still wonderful after 10 years.  Because they were so expensive, I have not bought any more pieces to add to what we have until now.  Who knew a pot would make me so happy?  It doesn't hurt that I got to browse around in Williams Sonoma either.  

2 comments:

Mike and Alleen said...

I told my hubby I wanted some new hot pads for my birthday. I get excited for anything that can make life easier in the kitchen!

melanie liljenquist said...

Wow Laura, that looks like a awesome Soup Pot. I need one. I just made Chili tonight and that would have been a great thing to have. It was so fun to see you and your cute little Tyler the other day he was so darn cute I loved his little personality. We will have to get together more often I loved seeing all you guys. Have a great weekend.

Love, Melanie