Thursday, May 13, 2010

Highlights of Hawaii 2010

We were quite a scene at the airport.
All true, they have the best shave ice.


The Polynesian Cultural Center
Ethan doing exactly what he does everyday at home.
Fun at the beach.

Our second visit to the north shore for shave ice.  We all preferred the shave ice at the Aloha General Store to the shave ice at Matsumoto's.  It was unanimous.  
I loved watching Tyler snorkel around the pool.  I was proud of my boys, they all snorkeled this year and we saw some pretty good stuff.  Including a turtle, right at our resort.  It was pretty neat!
The Pali lookout.
USS Arizona.  Of all the places, Kirk and I ran into a friend here from high school.  Turns out he was even staying at the same place as us, what a small world!
Hanging out before dinner.
These pancakes were worth the drive to Kailua.  Banana pancakes with macadamia nut sauce, they are to die for.
Death by pancakes.
Cousins at the beach.
Getting shave ice on the north shore.
At Pearl Harbor.
Aloha 'Oe-Farewell to you, Hawaii. Can't wait to go back!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Jealous. That is all.

J.J. said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time!

Lisa said...

So fun!!! I want to experience death by those pancakes! And who was the friend you ran into from high school?! Did I already tell you I ran into Kim at the Brian Regan show in Salt Lake? So fun seeing her - she's as cute as ever!
Looks like it was an awesome vacation!!!

Trisha said...

Ahhhhhh......the memories! Glad you had a fabulous time. Ü