I mentioned to many of you how I longed to be in London for the big day. I wanted to be there and see the horses and carriages go by. I wanted to load up on souvenir junk. My husband was the only one who took me seriously. He said, "go." I nearly died! Really, I could go? But he had just returned and didn't want to go back and every time I mentioned this, no one really seemed interested. And I wasn't about to go by myself. So I continued to talk about it and look forward to the day. In the meantime, Kirk and I used all the frequent flier miles and marriott points to go to Hawaii. It was a magical trip!
One day I had gathered with some friends to celebrate a birthday. I went on about the royal wedding and how magical I thought it all was and how I wished I could be there. My friend Melanie said, "We should have a tea party!" So that is exactly what we did. And it was magical! After seeing the crowds I realized I was better off at home watching it anyways. It was such a fun afternoon. I wish there was a royal wedding every year so we could do it again!
The royal invitation sent out in the mail.
We each had a royal title...
The best hat! And she even made it herself the night before!
Complete with souvenir plates!
This was one of the best things I have done. I don't know why we don't have more tea parties for adults:) We bought the best herbal tea we could find at the grocery store and it was actually good. It needed a few sugar cubes, but we all liked it. And the rest of the food was so yummy! I am thankful for friends who humor my "dreams"
2 comments:
This is SO FUN! I love it.
That really was so so much fun. Thanks for the fun Afternoon. I loved it. We have to do that again sometime. Too bad there is not another Big Royal Celebration. We will have to think of another excuse to get together for a fun lunch. Thanks Again.
Post a Comment