Have you ever been traveling and catch a glimpse of scenery and suddenly you feel like it is wrapping its arms around you and saying, "welcome home!"? This has happened to me a couple of times. The first time I remember it happening was when I was a teenager. I was driving home at night in my grandma's car, going to her house. We were up on the east bench on I-215. There is a small section before the 39th south exit where you can catch a glimpse of the valley/city. It is beautiful. I remember years later when Kirk and I lived at my grandma's house and how much I enjoyed that view as I came and went. I still love it over there and feel a little like I am coming home when I go to my grandma's house.
The other place I feel at home is Southern Utah, more specifically St. George/Zion area. I love the heat! I love the red rock! I love the small towns in between! I love the nature that is in Zion! I actually did get to live there for a few months to work during the summer. And sometimes after we visit, I daydream about living there full time with my family. A swimming pool? Yes! Simple life in a small town? Yes! Beauty all around? Yes!
There is one other place that tells me I am home. And that is Hawaii. Especially this last trip. We got off the plane, got in the car, and I felt like I was home. I really do love it there. The ocean, beach, palm trees, humidity, and warmth! I love it!
Currently I live in a great area. My neighbors and friends make up for the lack of warmth and scenery. And little vacations help a lot too. I suspect London has started to speak to me as well.
The other place I feel at home is Southern Utah, more specifically St. George/Zion area. I love the heat! I love the red rock! I love the small towns in between! I love the nature that is in Zion! I actually did get to live there for a few months to work during the summer. And sometimes after we visit, I daydream about living there full time with my family. A swimming pool? Yes! Simple life in a small town? Yes! Beauty all around? Yes!
There is one other place that tells me I am home. And that is Hawaii. Especially this last trip. We got off the plane, got in the car, and I felt like I was home. I really do love it there. The ocean, beach, palm trees, humidity, and warmth! I love it!
Currently I live in a great area. My neighbors and friends make up for the lack of warmth and scenery. And little vacations help a lot too. I suspect London has started to speak to me as well.
1 comment:
I'm with you. I love the heat and palm trees! I would love to go to Hawaii someday! Were you guys really swimming with the sharks?! I don't know if I could do that, but it would definitely be exciting! Love your pictures!
Post a Comment