Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The First Day of School, 2011

Let's remember what a painful experience it is to take pictures of my twins.  It seems to be getting worse with age...

David will smile for the camera in the safety of his own home.  The smile will only be for the camera and he will resume to his "I hate taking pictures face!!!!"

Ethan has perfected his camera smile so much that it now looks completely fake and I have to resort to posting pictures he doesn't know were taken so he has a "real" smile on.  

Jacob has a great smile, until you ask him to smile and then he pulls all sorts of weird faces, really weird ones, faces he NEVER makes.  So he remained unhappy the WHOLE entire time I tried to get a picture.

Luckily Tyler isn't showing you all the veins and lovely things in his neck, which he sometimes does when you ask him to smile.  He got to go meet his teacher the first day and I got to keep him home for the rest of the day.

Ethan gladly posed at school with his friends.

The twins would not even look at me!  This is pretty much what I saw after we got to school.

Tyler had his first day today.  He has wanted this shirt "with lots of colors" for weeks now.  He saw it at the store and has talked about it ever since.  I kept waiting for it to go on sale and it never did.  Last night we were at the store again and he saw it.  Oh, he wanted it so bad and it still wasn't on sale, but I caved and bought it for him.  Considering his other school clothes were each less than $5, I guess I made up for it by buying this one at $19.50
Off he goes for his first day of school.  Today was the only time I have ever been emotional sending kids to school.  That's it for me, they are all gone.  That precious school is home to my children and has them more each day than I do.  This morning I prayed for that school.  I don't know why I haven't done that before, I should have, but I will be doing so now, every single day.  

No comments: