They came to our house a couple of days later for dinner. The kids had a blast playing in the yard and I had so much fun visiting with my aunts. I really should have gotten a picture of the adults. Hopefully there will be a next time.
Friday, July 8, 2011
The Red Haired Cousins
Last year my parents watched my kids while Kirk and I were gone somewhere. While they were with my parents, they hauled cows down south with my dad. They had down time in Rockville and my cousins were there, who they found, played with, and fell in love with. Tyler has talked about playing with them ever since. He calls them the "red haired" cousins in an effort to distinguish them from the rest of the cousins. My Aunt Shillene lives in Arizona and they only come up to Rockville in the summer and we never go down in the summer so the kids don't really see each other that much. I remember when I was little and used to stay with my grandma in the summer, I remember when Shillene's first daughter was a baby and I was in Rockville for awhile and got to play with her. I always enjoyed and admired my aunt growing up and haven't been able to spend a lot of time with her as an adult. Well, this summer they came all the way up north to stay with another aunt. We all hoped we would get to see them and we did! The kids had so much fun together and so did I. I wish we all lived a little closer. They invited us to go to Lagoon with them, the kids had so much fun and I was so glad for brave cousins who took my kids on rides I don't think they would have normally gone on. And of course we had to play some games...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my gosh, that curly red hair is so cute! I mean, handsome! He probably doesn't appreciate it being called cute... Gosh, I love cousins!!
And I have to say, I'm seriously digging those pictures on your wall!!
Post a Comment