Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Sugar Report

So we went the whole week without sugar.  No treats, no soda, no granola bars, no sugared cereal, but we did eat fruit.  It was really hard in the beginning.  On Friday my Aunt and Uncle stopped by and brought a huge container of chocolate chip cookies.  I didn't have the heart to tell them we were off of sugar, but I was so grateful that it was something that I could freeze for later, which I did.  On Sunday we voted as a family to take the day off.  You should have seen how quickly the boys went for their Easter candy!  Except for David, he went right to the freezer for those cookies.  I had totally forgotten about them, but as soon as I saw them, I joined him and ate several.  They were sooo good!  Later we went to my brother's house for dinner and enjoyed strawberry shortcake for dessert, that is one of my favorites and I had already passed it up earlier in the week.  It was a good Sunday!  Despite all of those treats tasting so good, I had a little regret.  It really wasn't that hard for me anymore to pass it up and I ruined my perfect record.  About 10 minutes into my workout Monday morning, my head was pounding!  I decided sugar is not for me.  And I NEVER thought I would EVER say that!  I won't eliminate dessert forever, but it has become so much easier to pass up treats.  I don't crave cookies and chocolate like I used to.  So anyway, I think I will be avoiding sugar except for the occasional treat.  I do have a new craving that I have never had before and that is for peanut butter.  I have always liked peanut butter, but never craved it until now.  So apple slices and peanut butter are my new treat.  And it has to be the all natural stuff from Costco, I love it!  

1 comment:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

I love love peanut butter too. There was this really good kind I used to buy called naturally more that only has peauts, flax seed oil and wheat germ in it and it was really good..now the only place i can find it is amazon!