I sometimes feel bad that when David and Jacob hit new milestones it is such a big deal, then the rest of the kids follow suit and its just regular old life. I love my kids all the same, but when David and Jacob start new adventures (that everyone else will follow) it just pulls at my heartstrings and takes my mind down memory lane and I want to document things so I don't forget. So here we go, a post without pictures, just words.
Yesterday I took the twins to their new middle school to explore, practice locker combinations, and figure a few things out. I could tell they wanted to go, but that it also made them nervous with me there and all of us learning together. Everything went just fine, we figured out their lockers, figured out why they didn't get in honors language arts and reading (which they tested for, got in, but I think we dodged a bullet), and found their classes. It was fun. As we walked the halls and explored, I saw a whole new world. We ran into lots of the boys' friends and that was fun, but I wasn't prepared to see all the girls and their stuff. I could not believe the shelving, carpeting, wallpapering, and decorating of lockers. It was nuts!!!! All we brought were some wipes to clean out Jacob's dirty locker. It was eye opening to note the difference between the two genders at this age. Even though I was in middle school once, decorated my locker, and eventually married a boy, I have forgotten or am learning again just how different the boys and girls are at this age.
So today I dropped them off for an unofficial first day. It is just a half day for only the 7th graders, isn't that nice? The girls were all dressed up and decked out. David and Jacob took their schedules and nothing else. I finally convinced them to take a pencil, which David stuck in his sock. I have offered so many times to take them school shopping, but no, they don't want to go. They just want what everyone else so desperately wants at that age, just to be liked and accepted. I am their mom and I know I am biased, but I see they way some of the girls will notice them, they are tall, athletic, and handsome. You'd think they would be so confident, but they aren't. Everyone no matter how we look, act, or what we have, we all still just want to be loved and accepted. The older I get the more I realize how life is still very much the same as middle school and high school. The sooner you figure out how to love and accept yourself the way you are, the better life is. So here is hoping the twins can figure that out soon! I can't wait to go pick them up in a couple of hours and hear all about their day!
One more thing-I know the boys will be mad at me for this one, but I have to document...Ethan and Tyler started school a couple of weeks ago, so the twins have been home alone for awhile and it has been fun. They have been good little workers and spent way too much time playing the game cube. They dug out all of their old games and have been having a riot. The best part was the one day when they dug out all of their legos and spent the whole day playing and building things. It made me so happy. Sure they are growing up, they don't even look like little boys anymore, and they are about the same height as me, but they are still little boys inside.
Yesterday I took the twins to their new middle school to explore, practice locker combinations, and figure a few things out. I could tell they wanted to go, but that it also made them nervous with me there and all of us learning together. Everything went just fine, we figured out their lockers, figured out why they didn't get in honors language arts and reading (which they tested for, got in, but I think we dodged a bullet), and found their classes. It was fun. As we walked the halls and explored, I saw a whole new world. We ran into lots of the boys' friends and that was fun, but I wasn't prepared to see all the girls and their stuff. I could not believe the shelving, carpeting, wallpapering, and decorating of lockers. It was nuts!!!! All we brought were some wipes to clean out Jacob's dirty locker. It was eye opening to note the difference between the two genders at this age. Even though I was in middle school once, decorated my locker, and eventually married a boy, I have forgotten or am learning again just how different the boys and girls are at this age.
So today I dropped them off for an unofficial first day. It is just a half day for only the 7th graders, isn't that nice? The girls were all dressed up and decked out. David and Jacob took their schedules and nothing else. I finally convinced them to take a pencil, which David stuck in his sock. I have offered so many times to take them school shopping, but no, they don't want to go. They just want what everyone else so desperately wants at that age, just to be liked and accepted. I am their mom and I know I am biased, but I see they way some of the girls will notice them, they are tall, athletic, and handsome. You'd think they would be so confident, but they aren't. Everyone no matter how we look, act, or what we have, we all still just want to be loved and accepted. The older I get the more I realize how life is still very much the same as middle school and high school. The sooner you figure out how to love and accept yourself the way you are, the better life is. So here is hoping the twins can figure that out soon! I can't wait to go pick them up in a couple of hours and hear all about their day!
One more thing-I know the boys will be mad at me for this one, but I have to document...Ethan and Tyler started school a couple of weeks ago, so the twins have been home alone for awhile and it has been fun. They have been good little workers and spent way too much time playing the game cube. They dug out all of their old games and have been having a riot. The best part was the one day when they dug out all of their legos and spent the whole day playing and building things. It made me so happy. Sure they are growing up, they don't even look like little boys anymore, and they are about the same height as me, but they are still little boys inside.
2 comments:
Love this Laura!! So sweet, I totally couldn't agree more. I have felt so much worry for Tanner as he enters Jr High. I remember what it was like it really is such a hard age and a fun age. I worry and think about him everyday. Love ya and miss ya!!
ha ha cute, Thanks for sharing! I can't believe how much they have grown as well.
Post a Comment