Today was a day we planned to go to the zoo. We would have left earlier, but I was freezing cold this morning and it took me a LONG time to finally get warm. I am not sure why that happens some times. I really think it has something to do with being all sweaty in the mornings. Anyway, I finally got warm. By then it was about lunch, so we grabbed a sandwich and hit the road.
Who knew the rest of the valley had the same idea. Why are there so many people who plan a zoo day in February. There was NO parking. We drove around a bit looking, but found nothing. So we left. We will try again next week. Lucky for us, great grandma lives close by, so we went and visited her. Which is always good. She loves to see us and my kids love exploring in her backyard.
Since I hadn't even done the dishes, we left after a short visit so I could come home and get the house clean. I logged onto my blog and listened to my playlist while I mopped the floor and wiped down surfaces. And I really like my playlist! It made my work a lot happier. If my house would stay clean for a long time, that would make me happier too.
This morning I also read some blogs. There are some amazing people out there who make me feel very boring and untalented. But it is fun to live vicariously through you. Especially those who live in more exotic places than Utah...Tonight is book club. I am excited. Mostly because I am ready to get into a new book. Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE reading? It is one of my favorite things to do. Any great book suggestions? And by suggestions, I mean all time favorites.
2 comments:
Well, if you go to the Anniversary Inn the world is your oyster! How cool is Utah now?!?!?
I listen to my playlist while cleaning too :) Best books right now for me...The Book Thief, Bel Canto and These Is My Words.
Post a Comment