Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fourth of July 2009

We started out the holiday weekend with a little fishing at Fishlake.  
It is such a beautiful lake!

The next day was more fishing and lots more fish.  All of the boys caught a few.  



The morning of the 4th we raced in the 5K and the kids 1 mile race.  Parker's girlfriend took first for the women.  I did not take first, but I still enjoy running it every year.

Ethan came in 7th overall.

David did a great job too, it was his first year running.

Ethan took 1st place in his age group and got a $2 bill, which is pretty darn exciting.

Jacob and cousin Ryan both had accidents on the swing set and grandma's house.  Ryan broke a couple of bones and Jacob only got a sprain.

David and his Grandpa Eric.
Doing fireworks.  You can't beat Richfield for the 4th.  It is the best.  Not only does the town swell to capacity, but it has the best fireworks ever.  Kirk and my dad were invited out back behind the firework stand where they sell the "good" fireworks.  Growing up we always had the good fireworks and I always enjoyed them.

And only in Richfield will you find that the neighbors fireworks can actually rival the city's fireworks.  I love it!

6 comments:

Mike and Alleen said...

I LOVE Richfield's 4th. We were there last year, but stayed home this year. There are many happy memories of drill team and the good ol Miss Richfield float. Maybe we'll head up that way again next year.

Kristina P. said...

Congrats to your boys! That's awesome!

Dave and Kristin said...

It was fun seeing you! You have such a cute family. I'll have to get in shape and try out the 5k next year. You are definitely right about the fireworks...only in Richfield can you get away with that. I love it!!! The cops are all over you up here.

Amy B. said...

It was good to see you...sorry if I was a little out of it...read my post and you'll understand...and I forgot to thank you again for the recipe book...it's sooooo pretty too!

rachel said...

Glad you had such a great 4th! That last picture is awesome! I think I would love Richfield for fireworks :)

Sam and Josh said...

Looks like you had a fun 4th. We were in St. George, so it was fun being down South. That is awesome for your boys.