Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A New Love

After turning 8 years old, my twins fell in love with scouting.  They still love cub scouts.  It is fun to see their excitement and energy when it comes to all things scouting.  And now that they are 8 years old, they can play football.  I fought Kirk about signing them up and didn't think it was a good idea.  When the week of sign-ups arrived, David begged to play.  I decided that if he really wanted to do it, I would support him.  Minutes before leaving to take him to try-outs, Jacob decided he wanted to play as well.  We are only 2 days into it (practice/try-outs are everyday for 2 hours), but they are loving it.  And I must admit, it has been fun to watch them practice and get dressed up like this.  Tonight they practice in all their gear.  Up until now, it has just been helmets.  I hope they can move with all of that stuff on....


2 comments:

Candace said...

Wow! I can't believe what a combo of you guys he is! I can totally see both of you! -- How fun that your boys are playing football... a few broken bones can be mended, but missed opportunities seldom can! (sounds good at least!)

Amy B. said...

You are soooooo in for it...my friend does it every year and it is a SERIOUS commitment!!! Good Luck!