Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Kids

*pictures coming soon, is anyone else having problems posting pics?
Tyler learned to ride his bike and literally took off.  I can't believe how quickly he picked it up.  We tried once and before we knew it, he was a pro.  He rides his bike around the block about 50 times a day.  He is rarely home anymore because he is always on his bike.  Since we switched schools this year, the boys can now ride their bikes to school and they have every single day.  I think this helped motivate Tyler.  

David is sick today.  After getting the kids off and drying my hair, I came into the family room to see what he was watching, it was ESPN news.  And he kept watching it for about 15 minutes.  I finally asked him to change the channel.  I don't know if it is totally appropriate for kids.  Isn't he a little young for ESPN?  Whatever the case, he totally gets it from his dad.  

Ethan is very competitive, I may have mentioned this and if you know him, you may have noticed.  Yesterday was a busy day.  I was hosting an etiquette dinner for the young men and we had a bazillion kids at our house right up until the last minute.  The kids were all having fun and being good and I attended to readying the house.  The dinner went great and my kids behaved themselves for the whole thing.  It was late by the time everyone left, so the kids bathed and went to bed.  This morning Ethan was getting ready for school and asked me to sign his planner.  He had written in 20 minutes of reading, only yesterday was so crazy we didn't do reading.  I reminded him of this and he totally lost it.  He cried and was so upset.  He makes it a point to always have above and beyond the required reading minutes and I guess missing one day really upset him.  I dried his tears and told him I would help him read 40 minutes today in order for him to catch up.  He settled down and went to school.  I know this is not normal because my twins could care less about reading minutes.  

Jacob for the most part has been my normal child lately.  He is a happy child who likes to please his friends and mom.  He has recently discovered the benefits of wearing a watch.  Yesterday he wore his watch to the tennis courts so that he could come back at a certain time.  There are a few good things about having them grow up.

2 comments:

rachel said...

Hey Lara,
How are you liking their new school??
I'm excited for ya!

Lara said...

Rachel, we are doing great:) And we are loving our new school. It has been wonderful and we got lucky and got AMAZING teachers!