Sunday, May 23, 2010

Name Them One By One



I am grateful for a husband who took his boys to Fathers and Sons.  Despite the elements, the boys said it was their best one yet.

I am grateful to live near family.  We don't all live close together, but close enough that I get to see some of them once in awhile.

I am grateful for a sister who is living with us this summer.  My life is busy and uneventful and I am not a good host.  Sometimes I feel bad about not being very exciting, but the boys make up for that.  They LOVE having her around.  When we went to Hawaii, I called her once in awhile to check on her, the house, and the dog.  Each time, the boys asked to talk to her and each of them did.  Those conversations were sweet.  When they get home from school they frequently ask, "Where's Kaitlin?"  Part of it is because of her nintendo skills, but most of it is because they love having her around.  

I am grateful for the rain and chilly weather.  I want summer to come just as much as anyone, but I think my garden and flowers are really benefiting.   

I am grateful for other bloggers.  I enjoy reading everyone's blogs and sometimes living vicariously through others' adventures.  I sort of copied this idea from another blog, but I think it is such a great way for me to reflect on the week and all of my blessings.  I am hoping to do an entry like this each Sunday.  

2 comments:

Kaits said...

I'm glad you feel grateful that I'm living with you! haha. I'm sure sometimes you wish you could kick me out but I really appreciate it and am grateful to be living with you too. It has been fun!!

Trisha said...

How fun!! I didn't know that Kaitlin was living with you. The summer that Debra lived with me was one of my funnest summers.