Friday, June 11, 2010

Lately It's Been Good

When I was in college, I had this poster on my wall.  If it wasn't this one, it was one very similar.  I didn't know very much about the photo other than I really liked it.  I think the picture was taken in Paris, which is where I am headed.   And I can't believe it.

Life has been pretty good lately, I really can't complain.  Just before I started this blog we had been through one of the hardest experiences of our lives.  It involved life changing situations and when it all fell apart, we were devastated.  It was sad, hard, embarrassing, and rough.  Looking back, it turns out it was a HUGE blessing, but we didn't know it at the time.  

When I think about all of the places I have been and things we have done lately, I am amazed!  I am going to enjoy the good times while they last.  Kirk gets to see a lot of Europe (for work), I am just going to meet him in Paris for a few short days.  I don't speak any French and have never been there and I will get there several hours before him.  Wish me luck, because I am going to need it.  And if you have been there and have any suggestions for me, it would be much appreciated.  

5 comments:

Ashley DeMille said...

Oh Im so jealous! I went there in while I was in highschool. My sister and family actually lived there. There is just so much to do you won't even have time! My favorite memory is of the little bakeries on about every corner. They have the best pastries and baquetts! My mouth just waters thinking of it!

Kaits said...

Taken......
Just kidding :) You'll be fine! I'm so jealous and excited for you!

Kristina P. said...

I am just jealous.

Our family said...

How totally fun for you! If you have to let your husband travel a lot, I'm glad you get the benefit of going along too sometimes. Let me know if you need a dog sitter, kid sitter, lawn mower, mail grabber, whatever.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

I actually do have some advice and my advice is that you suck! :-) haha have fun! Don't hold back on food..I get mad when I do that because you will later regret it!