Sunday, June 20, 2010

Name Them One By One


Today I am grateful for
  • America.  There is no place like it and being in another country really makes you appreciate how good we really have it.  The food, the transportation, the bathrooms, etc.  We have a good life.
  • Art.  One of my favorite things in Paris was the Orsay Museum.  It is the home to many of Van Gough's and Monet's paintings.  Standing in front of original pieces of art was better than I ever imagined.  I left with such an appreciation and awe of their work.  Art is everywhere in Paris and it made me realize what an important part of life it should be. 
  • Family.  It is so good to be home and see my boys, they were spoiled and had a good time while we were gone.  And I am so grateful to the family who took care of them!
  • The Gospel.  I am so glad to be a member of the church and for the peace, knowledge, and safety it provides me.  
  • Ibuprofen.  My legs hurt.  I have really bad varicose veins and all the walking and sitting on airplanes has made my legs ache.  I forgot to take ibuprofen with me and was grateful to come home, put up my legs, take some medicine, and have relief!
  • My dad and my husband.  I am lucky to have them both in my life.  I think the highlight of my boys' weekend was riding the horse.  I know it was a lot of extra work for my dad to haul the horse and let them ride, but my boys will never forget that.  

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

J.J. said...

I can't wait too, to hear more about your trip.