There is a movie out there right not called Born to Be Wild. And I really wanted to see it. But Kirk didn't want to, the tickets were expensive (3D and IMAX), and my older boys weren't interested either. I said, "Fine, I'll take Tyler during the day and we will go to the movie!" And that is exactly what we did. It was a lot of fun, Tyler's first 3D movie. It was fun to see him reach out for things and jump back once in awhile. He sat at the edge of his seat and asked questions during the whole movie. It is a short film, less than an hour, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. As we walked into the theater I got thinking about how much I am going to miss having Tyler around during the day. Soon he will be in first grade and then I won't have any kids at home to use as excuses to do kid like things. Who will go on picnics with me on warm days? What about silly movies that I want to see? I remember dragging all my kids to high school musical 3 just because I wanted to see it:) What if I want french fries from McDonalds and there are no kids at home who "need" happy meals? It will be an adjustment, but I thought of one idea. It was great to have a little "date" with Tyler yesterday and it would be great for each of my kids to have that experience, so I am just going to check them out one at a time while I can. Good grief, by twins are almost too cool to be with me at their age and I know it is going to get worse. I have been busy with babies at home for just over 10 years. Next year I will be entering a new stage of motherhood because kindergarten doesn't really count for anything in my book. It was easy to give up diapers, bottles, formula, high chairs, baby food, pacifiers, etc, but this is harder. I am officially going to be an empty nester for more than half of my day. Now what?
1 comment:
Very sweet! And if it ever warms up, I would be all over picnics.
Post a Comment