Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

So I turned another year older along with my grandma and niece.  We have kept our little birthday tradition alive and celebrated at Cheesecake Factory, this time at City Creek!

I had a wonderful birthday just like I do every year and just in case you were ever wondering what to get me, I have decided that one of my very favorite things are the sweet notes I receive from friends and families, I love them.  

But I do have to mention one more birthday/Christmas present that I received.  Next month I get to return to my mission in Florianopolis Brazil!!!  AND then I get to join my parents in traveling to Chile to get my sister from her mission, I am so excited.  Kirk and I, along with my parents will visit Brazil, then Kirk will fly home and we fly on to Chile to see Kaitlin.  It has been so much fun to pull out photo albums and journals trying to remember names and places.  It has been 14 years.  I vividly remember the plane leaving the ground in Brazil and I was crying, knowing that I might not see any of those people again in this life.  I never dreamed I would get to go back, it will be such a neat experience!  I just hope I survive being away from my family for such a long time.  And I hope I survive the language!  I had great plans to brush up on my portuguese, but the time for travel is quickly arriving and I have found no time for that.  Sometimes I get emotional just thinking about returning, it will be a really neat thing for me.  I am grateful to my sister for serving a mission and to my parents for this great gift!

No comments: